The local goverment of Aldebrő in July 2008 decided to buy a personal estate in Vörösmarty street 1. from his owner, Károly Jákli. The aim of the local goverment was to renovate and preseve an old house in baroque stylee from application sources. The house was built in 1929. In October 2010 the renovation of the Farmhouse was finished. The transfer ceremony took place in November, as well.
The legacy of the creator of the ,,Debrői Hárslevelű” and the regional historircal, etniographic, matters are placed in the Farmhouse to tribute to the memory of the village founder German ancestors.
A room was formed, which visualizes the old times, furnished with contemporary furnitures. Next to it you can find the kitchen, where the old kitchen utensils are placed. The devices of the farmer agricultural work, animal husbandry, grape producing, tobacco growing are placed separated. We can also take a look at the hump growing devices. The workflow sequence can be followed through the tools to various work phases through the loom, with photos on the walls.
Several written, real memories which can be found in a separate room, were discovered near the so called Mocsáros.
A piece of the exhibition came from public donations, which preserve the memory of the ancestors for the posterity.
We hope that the exhibitions of the Farmhouse will help the tourists coming to the village to learn about the life of our ancestors.
The farmhouse can be visited by appointment.
Login and further information:
Aldebrő Mayor’s Office
Aldebrő, 3353, Arany János str. 1.